Rules for posting

Joe Hunt
Site Admin

Rules for posting

Postby Joe Hunt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Not many, same ones I always had...

1) You can say you love anything or hate anything here. But, you can't make blanket statements or post other's stories. You can be somewhat anecdotal, as long as it is your experiences. Your experiences are your experiences and so they are valid. Right or wrong, good or bad, that was your experience. And, that's okay to post. Remember when you post your experience that I refer to my own as "ye old experience of one." It's only your, or my, experience and may not be close to definitive, you know? ;)

2) Don't personal attack anyone or anything. It's bad form and shows your argument is weak sauce.

3) I have my own line in the PG-13 range. It's my line and for some it's too conservative and for others not conservative enough. But, it's my line. haha I always delete things that look violent in any way. And, things that are too gross. haha

What I enjoy is open discussion. Especially when done with respect and consideration. And, open discussion and all points of view are welcome here!

Anyone gets out of line?... and you'll have to answer to Monkey! ;)
To support this site, the reviews, and the photoshoots:

Joe Hunt
Site Admin

Re: Rules for posting

Postby Joe Hunt » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:38 pm

The Ten (Eleven) Commandments of Logic
1. Thou shall not attack the person’s character instead of the argument. (Ad Hominem)
2. Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate an argument in order to make it easier to attack. (Straw man fallacy)
3. Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole. (Hasty generalization)
4. Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true. (Begging the question)
5. Thou shall not claim that because an event occurred before another it must the cause. (Post Hoc/False cause)
6. Thou shall not reduce the argument to two possibilities. (False dichotomy)
7. Thou shall not argue that because of your ignorance a claim must be true or false. (Ad ignorantum)
8. Thou shall not assume that this follows that when there is no logical connection. (Non sequitur)
9. Thou shall not claim because a premise is popular it must be true. (Bandwagon fallacy)
10. Thou shall not use a false, untenable, or absurd result to argue that a claim is false. (Reductio ad absurdum)
11. Thou shall not lay the burden of proof upon he who is questioning the claim. (Burden of proof reversal)
To support this site, the reviews, and the photoshoots:

Return to “General Discussion”